Below are factors to consider when choosing the eyeglass frames that will serve your best, functionally and aesthetically:
1. Face Shape
The shape of your face will determine the frame that will enhance your look. The key to finding the right frame to remember that opposites attract. Read further to know the suitable eyeglass frames for your particular face shape.
- Round Face: Choose frames that are rectangular or square to add balance to your round feature by making it look slimmer and longer. Avoid small frames, round frames, and rimless frames – they will make your round face look rounder.
- Oval Face: Choose frames that have a strong bridge and are wider than the broadest part of your face. Avoid eyeglass frames that are overlarge and cover more than half of your face – they will create an imbalance view.
- Square Face: Choose frames that sit high on the bridge of the nose. Round and oval eyeglass frames will balance your outlook and add a thinner appearance to the angles of your square face. Avoid angular or boxy frames – they will sharpen and make your square face appear bulky.
- Diamond Face: Choose frames that are wider than your cheekbones like oval frames to complement your delicate features. Avoid narrow and boxy eyeglass frames – they will draw attention to your narrow feature.
- Heart-Shaped Face: Choose frames that will balance the width of your forehead. Square and round frames are ideal to divert attention from your high and broad forehead. Avoid frames with embellished tops and decorative temples.
2. Match Your Skin Tone with Frame Colour
Like the shape of your face, your skin tone has an impact on the type of eyeglass frame that will look great on you. The key is to select a shade that is closest to your skin tone.
- Warm Skin Tone: Warm complexion includes a bronze, yellow or golden cast. Choose light turquoise, gold or honey, brown shades, and olive green. Avoid contrasting colors such as white, black, and pastel.
- Cool Skin Tone: Cool complexion includes skin with pink or blue undertones. Choose frames that are black, gray, silver, purple, dark turquoise, blue, pink, and mauve.
3. Your Lifestyle
Choose eyeglass frames that fit perfectly into your everyday activities. If you are the active type, choose frames that can twist and bend without breaking. If you love playing games, choose stylish frames to enhance your gaming experience. If you work in an office, choose your style cleverly, especially functional frames to match your official status.
Finally, remember that the frames you wear can tell much about your personality. You can choose a pair of frames to present your loving side on weekends and another pair of eyeglass frames to accentuate your official mode during the week.
At New Optical Palace Kitchener, we have put together an assortment of frames and have the expertise to help you select the style that perfectly complements your face shape, complexion and personality.