February 7, 2018in
Why You Should Wear Sunglasses on a Sunny Day
Summer is the time of the year that everyone looks forward to with a lot of enthusiasm. It is the time to enjoy the outdoors and take part in several activities. However, to protect your eyes and guard your overall health during the sunny days, it is important to wear sunglasses.
There are several reasons why you should wear sunglasses on a sunny day; read more to know a few of these reasons.
- Prevention of Health Problems Caused by the SunHuman eyes are so sensitive that prolonged exposure to sun’s UV rays could result in health problems such as skin cancer around the eyes, cataracts and glaucoma, macular degeneration, and pterygium. Consequently, wearing wraparound sunglasses with 100% UVA and UVB protection helps to shield the eyes from the sun’s damaging rays.
- Promotion of Recovery and HealingIf you have just had an eyelid repair, PRK, LASIK or cataract surgery to correct your vision, it is advisable to wear sunglasses to help the recovery and healing process and avoid complications. Wearing sunglasses especially on a sunny day is an ideal post-surgical care to prevent complications
- Enhancement of Vision for Pleasurable Outdoors ExperienceIf you would be outdoors on a sunny day, it is best to wear sunglasses not only to enhance your vision but also to enjoy the outdoors more. Sunglasses with the non-polarized lens on top and polarized lens on the bottom, there is less glare and sharper vision with improved colors and contrast.
- Fewer Headaches and MigrainesApart from exposure to the UV rays, bright sunlight can cause headaches and migraines. But wearing sunglasses on a sunny day would reduce the intensity and frequency of this painful experience. And if you suffer from a headache or a migraine, wearing sunglasses on a sunny day would reduce eyestrain and fatigue.
- Safer DrivingDriving on a sunny day could be challenging due to the intensity of the sunlight but sunglasses would help you see better, feel comfortable, and drive more safely.
- Be FashionableSunglasses are available in diverse shapes, styles, and colors to meet up with your fashion taste and style. Make a fashion statement on a sunny day by wearing sunglasses that coordinate with your protective sun hat and clothing style. You will not only look fashionable but also protect yourself from the sun’s rays.
Related Article: Should You Choose Glasses or Contact Lenses?
Sunglasses are available in classical, modern, and fashionable styles; irrespective of your style, there is a pair of sunglasses that will protect you, make you look great, and feel comfortable.